Once lockdown gets uplifted, you will be waiting to visit the hospitals, clinics and doctors for pending consultations, surgeries and follow-ups. But you should not directly visit hospitals and clinics without maintaining a manual of some precautions and ensuring that others around you do the same.
So, following are the few things that you must keep in mind when you are stepping outside of your home for a health center visit –
1) Practice social distancing – Ensure that there is a space between you and the other person. Lockdown might get uplifted but it does never imply that you should not practice social or physical distancing anymore. While visiting a hospital or clinic there is a high possibility that you might come in contact of an infected person and that’s the last thing you’d wish for.
2) Take prior appointments – To save yourself from standing in queue and risking infection, it is strongly advised that you book prior appointment. Call your clinic or hospital to check if they are taking online or phone appointments.
3) Go Cashless – If you haven’t already, then it is high time that you start transacting digitally. Go cashless so that you can minimize the risk of coming in contact with paper money.
4) Hoard on your hygiene habits – Staying at home during lockdown might have made you lose up washing your hands at a regular basis. But while visiting a hospital or clinic carry hand sanitizer and wash your hands before and after your visit. Do not touch your nose, face or eyes while you are there.
5) Order medicines online – Prefer E-commerce in these times to order all your medicines online to avoid direct contact. Otherwise, order all your medicines over phone from your local pharmacy and refrain visiting them for a while. Do not forget to sanitize those medicines once you receive them.
6) Practice Telemedicine:- In case of non-serious ailments, prioritize telemedicine over visiting a hospital as the visit might increase the risk of getting infected.
These are some basic checklist of steps that you must follow after the Lockdown gets uplifted to avoid another wave of COVID 19 patients.
Be responsible, be safe.